You can also watch a video about this by going here.
Step 1: Configuring Ignition
- In the “Configure” section of the Ignition Gateway, navigate to the “Servers” entry on the left-hand side, underneath “OPC Connections”.
- Click “Create new OPC Server Connection…”
- Choose “OPC-UA Connection” from the list of connection types.
- If KEPServerEX is installed on the local machine use the actual IP address of the machine. Do not use localhost.
- The default KEPServerEX UA port is 49320.
- Delete the default Username and Password fields. Kepware authenticates clients by using a certificate you will see in a later step.
- Click “Create New OPC Server Connection”
Step 2: Configuring KEPServerEX 5.2
- Right-click on the KEPServerEX toolbar icon and select “OPC UA Configuration”
- Navigate to the “Server Endpoints” tab.
- If there is already an endpoint present, click “Edit…”, otherwise click “Add…”
- Choose the correct network adapter for your system. Leave the port alone.
- Check “Basic128Rsa15” and uncheck “None” and “Basic256”.
- Press OK.
- Navigate to the “Trusted Clients” tab.
- There will be a certificate from the Ignition gateway already present but with a red X through it, right click the certificate and select trust.
If there are more than one items in this list named 'Ignition OPC-UA Client', delete all of them and wait for Ignition to recreate one. You may have to close this screen and reopen it.
- Click “Close”.
- Right-click the toolbar icon and select “Reinitialize”.