Development recently identified an issue for Ignition versions 8.1.22 and greater which could affect users with embedded SVGs originating from Pre-8.0.0 Perspective projects. Efforts we made to mitigate most of this negative impact for projects meeting all of the following factors below:
- Perspective views that originated from Alpha and Beta versions of Ignition 8.
- SVGs were applied to those views during its Alpha and Beta versions of Ignition 8.
The process responsible for allowing embedment of SVGs on Pre-8.0.0 versions was changed since the release of stable versions. This change affected how existing SVG structures were supported on updated Perspective views. Back during the release of the stable Ignition 8.0, users were advised to remove and re-apply their SVGs for this very reason.
The issue of broken / unusable views resurfaced on Ignition version 8.1.22 where views with these older SVG structures prevented users from opening/editing them in the designer. Development was successful adding better support so that views could still be opened, however, future updates on SVG-related features will not support these older structures. You may also notice a minor performance hit when displaying these SVGs on Perspective sessions. Users are strongly advised to remove these types of SVGs from their views so that a brand new SVG can be re-embedded to the project.
On Ignition 8.1.22 or below, remove all currently embedded SVGs meeting the factors listed above from your existing projects.
- Open the specific view in your Designer.
- Right-Click the specific SVG in the Project Browser.
- Select Delete.
- Once they are removed, locate the original SVG files and re-apply them to your projects. This should prevent Perspective views from running into similar behaviors on future updates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.