The Ignition Mobile Module previously did not support Linux, but now it can via the following steps. Please note that these steps assume a Debian-style package management system (“APT”). Other distributions should have similar functionality, but the specific commands will differ.
- First, install some needed packages:
$ sudo apt-get install xfce4 xfce4-session xvfb
Please note that installing Xfce may reset the display settings in a graphical system (such as screen resolution) to their default settings on first reboot. You may change these settings back after the first reboot and they should not change again.
- In /usr/local/bin/ignition, make a file called xvfbstart, containing:
#!/bin/bash export DISPLAY=:8 Xvfb :8 -screen 0 1920x1200x16 & /usr/bin/xfce4-session & #x11vnc -display :8 -bg -nopw -listen localhost -xkb
- Then make the file executable:
$ sudo chmod +x xvfbstart
- Log into the Configure section of your Ignition Gateway. In the “Mobile Settings” section, add the environment variable:
- Add to the start case of the docommand() function in ignition.sh
/usr/local/bin/ignition/xvfbstart &This line should go right before the line:
- OPTIONAL: If you want to use VNC to see the virtual X desktop, also do:
$ sudo apt-get install xfce4-terminal x11vnc
And uncomment the last line of xvfbstart